Table of Contents Hide
eXp Realty is a large, international real estate company that offers many different services to agents and brokers. If you are considering joining eXp World as an agent or broker, you may be wondering what the eXp Realty onboarding process looks like. In fact, it takes only 5 steps to get started.
This covers everything from how to receive your guest pass (which will allow you access the company’s proprietary CRM) all the way through managing broker onboarding.
Step 1: Submit Your Application and Independent Contractor Agreement (ICA)
First, you will need to submit an application and Independent Contractors Agreement. This applies if you are working with eXp Realty as a subagent, managing broker, or co-broker in the United States.
Steps to Submit Your Application:
- Go to the eXp Realty site and click “Apply” on the upper right-hand corner of the page. You will be taken through a series of steps (which can vary depending on your experience level), eventually arriving at an application form with questions about your personal information, contact information, education, and relevant experience.
- After you’ve completed the Join Application process, you will receive an email that includes a link to your eXp Realty account. The onboarding process requires every agent to fill in the information. The email will also contain a 45-page document that contains your responsibilities to eXp and those of eXp to you. The document also has a place where agents are required to name their sponsor who will be in charge of your decision to join the platform.
Our team of agents works as a community. And that is why the onboarding process must include all the details. One must activate their account to fully join the team. eXp Realty requires your license for accountability.
Step 2: Log In to the eXp Platform
Steps to Log In:
- To log in, click the link mentioned above which will take you to your dashboard. To create a new guest pass for yourself click “Guest Pass Request”
- Fill out the information and click on “Submit” to create your guest pass. You will then receive an email with a log-in link which can be used for 30 days unless you request another user name or password change.
- You are now ready to log in! The next step is setting up your profile so that eXp Realty can better help you. The general process for those in Canada and the US is quite easy. It takes only a few hours and you are good to go, based on your needs.
- You will need to fill out your full name, then choose a username and password that is secure but easy for you to remember.
- Once the information has been entered click “Save” on the bottom of the page (or at any point) and this will create your account with eXp Realty.
- After this step, you can now sign in.
You can watch a video on our site, among other resources, explaining how to join easily. If the video is not enough, visit our main page and join our team.
Step 3: eXp Internal Team Will Sign Your Independent Contractors Agreement
You will receive an email with instructions to wait and the next steps.
The exp internal team will sign your Independent Contractor Agreement after you submit it electronically through eXp Realty for review. You must have a signed copy on hand in order to proceed further in the process so please make sure this file is completed before submitting anything else.
Upon receipt of the agreed-upon documentation, which includes:
- Required forms, including but not limited to Independent Contractor Agreement Form and Waiver Forms;
- Verification that all necessary licenses are current;
- Proof of real estate agent insurance coverage as outlined herein; and any other documents requested by Exp Realty’s Internal Team, you will receive an email that has a copy of your Independent Contractors Agreement which is a file you can download and keep for your own records.
Step 4: Transfer Your License
Real estate license transfer is a very important step in the agent onboarding process to eXp world. One of the requirements for eXp Realty agents to be successful with our company is that they hold an active real estate license from their state and territory.
In order to avoid any interruption in your career, you will want to transfer your existing real estate agent’s license to eXp before joining as an eXp broker. License transfer is therefore key to joining the eXp world.
To do this, contact your local Board of Realtors or Department of Real Estate directly so they can advise on what steps are necessary for license transfer between companies.
Step 5: Getting Set Up with eXp Realty
After a real estate license transfer, you officially become a member of the eXp world. But for you to work smoothly on the platform, you will need to set up all of the eXp Reality’s system and tools.
The first step in getting set up with eXp Realty is to create a new expresidential agent’s passport. This will provide you with access to the dashboard, where all of your leads and client information are stored. You can create this account from any device as long as you have an internet connection. To start, click on “Register Now” at the top right corner of our homepage or go directly here.
Fill out the registration form by entering your email address and choosing a password that no one else knows but yourself so only you know how to login into your eXp agent’s passport account. Once completed, click submit.
After submitting, you will receive an email on how to Activate your email address. All you need to do is follow the prompts in the email and you will be able to activate your email address as part of the eXp world.
Once you activate your email address, you will officially become a member of the eXp Realty platform.
Setting up for eXp Realty can be a lot of work, but it is worth the effort. The team onboarding process and getting set up with eXp will help you get started in this new business venture. This blog post has provided five steps to complete before you sign on as an agent at eXp. Reach out and chat with our team if you need to understand more. Also, you can search for and watch videos on our site where everything is explained. If you have any questions or want more information about how we handle our agents’ licensing, please contact us.